For a day a young woman shines above all others. On that day her Mother wishes to stand beside her, and wish her all the best. For photographs designed to last a lifetime, she wishes to be seen as a compliment to her daughter. In order for that to happen, she must be wearing a dress that reflects her personality, and her own taste. Only then will the dress reflect positively upon her daughter.
Buying the dress does not have to break the bank. Perhaps the easiest way to save money is to shop online. There are literally hundreds of outlets to choose from. All of which offer a greater variety of stock than the local stores.
Set a budget For the Mother of the Bride Dress. It is easy to get caught up in a moment, set a figure and be firm.
Measure for accuracy in size. Use a cloth tape measure. Measure bust, waist, hips. Be sure to be wearing the same type of undergarments when measuring, that will be worn at your daughters wedding. Be sure to record them accurately.
Visit local wedding shops or boutiques that feature Mother of the Bride dresses
- Take notes or have someone write down for you the pros and cons of each selection.
- Try on gowns to see how the style fits your personality and body shape.
- Watch how the fabrics move, you will be wearing this dress for hours, it should be comfortable.
- Touch and weigh the fabrics in your hands, learn the different textures and weights.
View the different lengths available.
- Floor length-formal, evening wear
- Tea length-stops right above the ankle
- Cocktail- stops one inch above the knee down to mid shin
Remember a strapless gown can become formal and appropriate with the edition of a jacket or shawl.
- Discuss with your daughter, her color scheme
- Have at least three options to choose from
- Stay away from white and black, for obvious reasons
- Pastel shades of yellow, lavender, green, pink, blue, for daytime weddings
- Jewel tones for fall or evening
Accents that fit Moms style>
- Tiers of ruffles
- Ribbon trims
Check manufacturer of Mother of the Bride Gown found on site
- Do they have a size chart that is easily readable
- Check your measurements against theirs, if between sizes, opt for the next one larger
- Ask for color swaths to be sent, if not, ask for a photograph taken in natural light
- Verify return policy
Time for the mother of the bride to go shopping. Sit down with the notes, the budget, and begin. Simply type into the computer the basic information to begin with. The vast amount of results that appear can be confusing. Simply keep narrowing down the search requirements until a site appears with dresses similar to the one you favored. Continue with the task of refining the search, and purchase the gown.
After all of that, sit back and just imagine how beautiful the two of you will look, side by side. In the end the only thing that really matters is joy, love, and memories from your daughters special day. Make yourself happy, make her happy, buy a new Mother of the Bride dress.